I always tend to be reflective at this time of year, presumably like most people. I feel like I made progress in learning to quilt last year despite the challenges that 2013 dealt our family. The year also showed me how this hobby could help me to deal with the closing of chapters and the opening of others, as well as being able to give something a little “more” to my loved ones. This year also showed me a glimpse of where I could be with further work in improving my skills and continuing with this challenge to myself. It’s not easy for me to be a novice at something, but quite refreshing to just give something my best shot knowing that the result will not be perfection, but will hopefully be a learning curve.
As a result, I have many quilting goals for 2014, which somehow need to be managed within wider goals of looking after myself better physically, consuming less, and letting be. We’ll see how things work out, but having spent much of this year establishing a fair stash, I hope to at least spend the first half of the year using what I have.
1) Diary Of A Quilter’s Virtual Quilting Bee: a lap quilt for myself and learning curve in piecing. Need to finish borders, quilt and bind.
2) Tula Pink’s City Sampler: a replacement quilt for our bed – still hate the impromptu – and a learning curve for modern blocks. Need to finish last 20 blocks, sashing, sort out backing, quilt and bind. Maybe I’ll get this quilted by a long-armer as hoping that it will turn out to be a pretty special one.
Want To Dos:
3) Continue with Citrus Sweet Love
4) Continue with Bring Me Flowers
5) Start a mammoth traditional project (Jane Austen or Dear Jane) in blues and whites/creams.
6) A really scrappy modern quilt (Kaleidoscope and/or Broken Glass)
7) A medallion quilt (Marcelle’s Medallion?)
8) Cushions for the rumpus room
10) Hopscotch for the kids
11) Improvisational Quilt
12) Sparkle Plenty Wall Quilt
13) Xmas Tree Skirt
14) Xmas Wall Quilt and/or Bunting
Charity To Dos:
Keep up with BOM project, contributing from 4 blocks to complete quilt top each month.
Star Bright completed quilt
Jelly Roll completed quilt
Gift To Dos:
Too many to list! Hopefully all my close family will have a snuggle-on-the-sofa quilt to call their own. 🙂